Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: EBay buy

  1. #1
    Inactive Member jnorv's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    220
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=014

    So how badly did I over pay assuming everything works?

    Jim N

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    Nary a penny since you think they're worth $2400. forums

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member
    EBay buy


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmmm- for myself, being a cheapskate, I'd want to have no more than about $800 pair in the 604's and 1000 or so in the drivers, so you've already got a deal, not counting the cabs and horns...you did just fine.

    I'd love to pick up something like that but sleeping out back with Rover would be rough... forums

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, but you know how Altecs love outdoor gigs! forums

  5. #5
    Inactive Member jnorv's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    220
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would not have bought them if I could not do a pickup. I am in San Jose and they are in LA.

    Jim

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member
    EBay buy


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    **** but they look nice- I would almost cry over dismantling them, which is what I would do- they just look good.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member valhallax's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2006
    Posts
    542
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    add it all up..i think you did more than well! remember your neighbors should like your music too, and if they dont, then they are more than welcome to out play you..thats my philosophy anyway

  8. #8
    Inactive Member jnorv's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    220
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My current system is 288-8K's on 1005's, 515B in 828 with JBL 2245 as subs. It will be interesting to hear the difference between that and a "turnkey" system. See:http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...t=101&go=newer

    Jim N

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmole wrote:

    "If you can use the kind of volume those can put out it is certainly a bargain, just looking at them hurts my ears, I never saw a setup like that.
    Pink Floyd used the Stanley Screamers which were a similar configuration with the 604 hpln, but those were a ported cabinet.
    You will need some kind of electronic crossover, unless he gives you the one these were used with, ask them. I certainly hope you are doing a local pickup!
    Those 604 hplns are probably worth most of the money you paid, They are kind of obscure so they do not trade much so would be tough to value

    Enjoy."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.